Last Saturday, UBB, Subaru, and 107 volunteers removed 6,614 pounds of trash in just a few hours from the banks of the Cooper River. Click here for the full album.
Waves of Action - pin the mission!
Today’s the day! See you at 3.
It’s almost that time of year again! We’re looking for a stellar cleanup planning intern to help us make 2013 our best cleanup season year!
At UBB, we believe that interns should contribute in real and meaningful ways, and so we assign only real and meaningful projects. The only time you’ll get coffee is if you want some.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with Mike and Leslie to recruit volunteers, find cleanup sites, and garner press. In other words, you’ll help make cleanups happen. Here is a sampling of the kinds of projects that we are working on and projects to which you will contribute. There will be new additions to this list.
- Research, contact, and invite groups to cleanups
- Call and email local press before and after cleanups to invite members of the media to cleanups
- Brainstorm new games to play at cleanups with volunteers
- Develop volunteer feedback pipelines to better understand how volunteers find UBB and how to improve future events
- Coordinate with UBB retailers to plan co-hosted cleanups
- Maintain databases and develop new systems for tracking total trash collected and overall impact on environment
- Managing volunteer registration at the beginning of events and mingling with volunteers during cleanups
- Send thank you notes to cleanup partners and volunteer organizations after events
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with Brian to grow UBB’s wholesale distribution. Here is a sampling of the kinds of projects that we are working on and projects to which you will contribute. There will be new additions to this list.
- Review existing accounts and learn the target UBB market
- Research sales leads for new accounts in the outdoor and surf industries, as well as new department stores and boutiques
- Develop and prepare a checklist to prepare the sales team for trade shows and assist in the coordination of pre-trade show communications with buyers and members of the media and logistical preparations
- Manage and track sales at UBB retailers using Sales Force software
- Collaborate with Retail Marketing to develop in-store promotions and marketing events to drive sales
- Develop new sales documents and marketing collateral
- Increase operational efficiency for finding new retailers
- Contact retailers to set sales meetings
- Develop strategic partnerships
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with Brian to develop and manage in-store marketing programs and retailer relationships. Here is a sampling of the kinds of projects that we are working on and projects to which you will contribute. There will be new additions to this list.
- Call retailers to talk to them about how UBB product is doing in stores and about what can be done to improve sales
- Develop in-store marketing and promotional programs to increase employee engagement and drive sales
- Design and construct displays to accompany UBB product in stores
- Collaborate with the cleanup team to market the brand in and around cleanups
- Design sales associate training guides to educate store employees to speak about the brand
- Research new accounts in the outdoor and surf industry for UBB to distribute to
When Linda Loi got out of her car in Ocean City, N.J., a couple weeks ago, she was immediately shocked at the number of people in her periphery. About 150 volunteers had flooded the beach town’s Aquatic Center on Simpson Avenue, and were getting to work cleaning up the widespread damage left in Hurricane Sandy’s wake. “Most people were still cleaning up their houses,” Loi says. “And there was so much trash on the side of the street from the storm. The lower levels [of beach-front homes] were flooded. It was heartbreaking.”
Read more about Loi’s experience at UBB’s Ocean City cleanup here.
Our first cleanup was a success thanks to our partners & volunteers, but there is still more work to be done. For our second relief & cleanup effort for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, we chose to move up the coast & help out one of the hardest hit areas - Staten Island.
Get all the details & find out how to get involved here.