“The UBB team is an eclectic group of people that have a shared passion for what we are trying to accomplish on both the business and environmental fronts. We all believe in the power of UBB to create real and lasting change for the world and love being part of something we can be proud to call our creation. The teamwork and camaraderie of the team is what makes United By Blue an effective business and strong environmental organization.”
Brian Linton, Founder & Chief Trash Collector
Meet the Team: Leslie Hudson, Outreach Manager
From tweets to cleanup listings, press releases to pre-cleanup newsletters, Leslie is the scribe behind the cleanup content. She makes cleanups happen by planning cleanup logistics, recruiting volunteers, and telling the world about UBB cleanups. Leslie has taken volunteer recruitment from “I wonder how many people will show up today” to “I wonder if we have enough staff to support all of the volunteers today!” After she spent her Hawaiian honeymoon snorkeling with sea turtles in coral reefs, climbing dormant Volcanoes, and hiking lush rainforests, she has new plans to host future cleanups off of the US mainland and in more exotic locales.
Women’s Fall Line Preview Part 2
Coming soon to UBB’s website.
When: Sunday, September 16th
Where: Maryland Ave Beach, Point Pleasant, NJ
There’s no better feeling than spending your afternoon on a serene beach, making a difference in your community and the environment. On Sunday, September 16th, join United By Blue and Brave New World in cleaning up the beach at the end of Maryland Ave.
United By Blue has had 6 cleanups at Bartram’s Garden this Summer
Join us at our next one the first Tuesday in September.
9/4/12, 5- 7:30PM
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with Katharine and Alli to generate new content and communicate the brand and mission. Here is a sampling of the kinds of projects that we are working on, and there will be new additions to this list as we march on toward the holiday season. At UBB, we believe that interns should contribute in real and meaningful ways, and so we assign only real and meaningful projects. The only time you’ll get coffee is if you want some.
- Design images to promote products on company site, blog, social media outlets, and in email marketing campaigns
- Ensure that all imagery is appropriately branded in line with UBB brand guidelines
- Design posters to promote cleanup events
- Design promotional material for in-store events with retail partners and cleanups
- Create versatile designs that can be used for both print and web
- Develop and layout trade show catalogs
Who You Are
We prefer to work with collaborative, eager-to-learn students and recent graduates with an entrepreneurial mindset and positive attitude rather than someone who fits a cookie cutter list of qualifications. We hope that you possess some combination of the following skills and experiences, plus a little something special unique to you.
- You are a college student or recent graduate
- You have studied graphic design, typography, interaction design, web design, or a related discipline in school
- You understand the differences between print and web design and how to design for both mediums
- You are proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and have a strong portfolio to show us
- Ideally, you have some experience with HTML5 and CSS, but these skills are not required
- You are an avid reader of design blogs and enjoy staying abreast of the latest in design trends
Learn more and/or Apply here: http://www.unitedbyblue.com/internships
We asked our interns, “Who should apply to United By Blue’s Internship Program?” and this is what they told us.